Waste Samples: Kits, Fees, and FAQ
You can pick up our Waste Sample kits at our office:
N.C. Cooperative Extension – Onslow County Center
4024 Richlands Hwy.
MONDAY-FRIDAY, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Please let the receptionist know you’re here to pick up a Waste Sample Kit. Once your waste sample is completed you may drop it back off at our office for us to ship to Raleigh for your results.
Question: What is a completed waste sample?
Answer: A completed waste sample is your (labeled) bottled up lagoon sample or your (labeled) bagged up litter sample(s) and your completed sample information sheet and payment.
**EACH SAMPLE MUST HAVE YOUR NAME, YOUR COUNTY, DATE, and SAMPLE ID WRITTEN ON IT**
You can log up to 6 samples on one sample information sheet. Any additional need to be logged on another copy of the sample information sheet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does it Cost to Have My Waste Sample(s) Tested?
- North Carolina* growers $8 per sample
- North Carolina* researchers $12 per sample
- Non-North Carolina growers or researchers $25 per sample
More information about the Waste Sample process is available on the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services website.
What are the Payment Methods?
- You can provide us with a check made out to NCDA&CS that you can fold up with your completed sample information sheet and tape to your labeled bagged-up poultry litter or wrap around your labeled bottled-up sludge.
- Or if you’d rather pay NCDA&CS directly online – when you fill out your Sample Information Sheet write “Invoice” and you will have to pay for your invoice online by credit card in order to view your Waste Sample Results when they are ready. You must create an account in order to pay online, click to begin.
- Payments can also be made with an escrow account.
When Will My Samples Be Shipped Off?
Once you drop off your bagged/bottled up sample(s), payment, and completed sample information sheet to our office, our staff will ship everything to NCDA&CS.
As of 4/29/21 we are shipping samples off every Wednesday.
When Will I Get My Results?
**As of 4/29/21 the estimated wait time for your sample results is 7-10 days.**
Your results are sent to the email address you wrote down on your Sample Information Sheet.
Don’t have an email? No worries! You can look up your Waste Sample Results online using your name and address!
Click to look up your Waste Sample results
Enter your last name(comma) first name, business name, or report number. Your name and address should pop up while searching.
If you have trouble accessing your results or have questions reach out to us!
Contact our Field Crops/Livestock/Pesticide Agent, Melissa Huffman, if you have questions about your results or the waste sampling process!
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 910-455-5873 MONDAY-FRIDAY, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.