Stormwater BMP Inspection & Maintenance Certification Workshop
Do you want or need to know more about stormwater best management practices (BMPs) and their maintenance? If yes, consider attending the NCSU certification workshop offered at the Onslow Multipurpose Complex on February 3 (8:30-5:00) and February 4 (8:30-2:30). To register online, go to: http://www.bae.ncsu.edu/topic/bmp-im/classes.html. If you have questions about the certification or recertification workshops offered by NCSU, please contact Chrissie Shepard at email@example.com or by phone at (919) 513-2192.
- This certification is awarded by NC State University Cooperative Extension and is housed in the Biological and Agricultural Engineering Department.
- To receive the certification, attendees must attend the workshop and then receive a score of at least 80% on an examination. Participants have up to 2 hours to complete the exam, which includes approximately 50 multiple choice, true or false, and short answer questions. All exams are graded by N.C. Cooperative Extension faculty.
- The certification lasts for up to 3 years (the remaining portion of the year in which the class is taken, plus the following 2 years). All certifications last until December 31st of a given year.
- To continue the certification beyond the original 3 years, certified professionals must attend Update courses that will be offered throughout North Carolina. There is NO re-examination associated with the 5 hour Update courses. The recertification lasts an additional 3 years.
- Communities in North Carolina may either require or recommend this certification of people who conduct maintenance on and/or inspect stormwater management practices. The state of North Carolina’s NC DENR endorses, but does not require, this certification.
- The certification is NOT intended to be a replacement for professional licensure (like PE or RLA), and is only a supplement to those rigorous professional licenses.