Do you have questions or concerns about the future and your farm? Do you want to know your options? On Thursday, March 7, Mount Olive College is hosting the workshop Planning for the Future of Your Farm at the Southern Bank Auditorium in Raper Hall (652 R.B. Butler Drive, Mt. Olive).
Pre-register by calling 919-658-7510. Registration is $10/person and $5 for each additional family member; pre-registration is required.
Sponsors: Mount Olive College, Lois G. Britt Agribusiness Center; Farm Bureau; USDA; and NC Cooperative Extension.
- Registration — 8:30am
- Welcome — 9am
- Life After the Buyout, The future of ag — Blake Brown, NCSU
- Issues Around Farm Transfer — Ron Hanson, University of Nebraska
- Keeping Your Farm in the Family for the Next Generation — Ron Hanson, University of Nebraska
- Farm Estate Planning — Andrew Branan, Lawyer
- Eldercare Planning and Asset Protection — Kelly Savis, Southern Farm Bureau
- Income and Estate Tax — Guido van der Hoeven, NCSU
- Do You Know What You Own, Farm Ownership Options — Ted Feitshans, NCSU
- Wrap-Up — 4pm